Thursday, December 27, 2012

Walkin' and Freezin'

Sunday, 12/23/12
Instead of cozying up to the fireplace we don't have, we opted to go for a walk on one of THE coldest days so far.  It was about 2 degrees, slight wind, high humidity.  Best described as "nostril hair freezing, cold to your bones, shiver me timbers, gonna take 6 hours to thaw out my body" cold.  Don't ask me why we choose to go out on these days, but we do.
 
At a local flea market, both indoors and outdoors. 
Lots of books, hats, furniture, dolls, coins, cards, antiques and random household items.
 

Walking through a park to make our way towards Old Town. 
Pushing a stroller in the snow is like a fun game.
 

 
The Three Muses
This statue atop the  Lithuanian National Drama Theatre is represented by the unusual black-robed figures of drama, comedy and tragedy.  They hide behind their gold masks leaning toward their audience of tourists like me taking pictures.



 
Hollis and I walking on one of my favorite streets.  A lot of the art sellers have stands along this roadway.  I took home a few treasures myself this day!


 
A few fun holiday decorations gracing some of the shop entrances.


 
The orchid painting I bought.  I can't wait to get it home!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment